This blog chronicles the miracles and struggles of our daughters, Emily and Olivia. Emily was born 15 weeks early and had many complications, but she continues to amaze us! Olivia, born in China with heart complications, is also beating the odds. She joined her forever family (us!) when she was four years old and has been doing wonderfully! UPDATE: We started homeschooling August 2009 :)

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Temper, temper!

Olivia has been a pretty easy kid, BUT we haven't placed too many demands on her yet... Today, after happily scattering cards all around the room, I asked to clean up (yes, she knows what that means) and she very defiantly looked at me and shook her head NO. I asked her again and this time, again very defiantly, said, "NO" and gave me the what-are-you-going-to-do-about-it glare before trying to walk away from her mess. What a little stinker, obviously testing me. Well...she got her first Time In (like a Time Out, but near me) and didn't like it one bit. She showed me that she can have quite a temper and a strong set of lungs! But, I'm happy to report that after the timer rang and I asked her again to clean up, she did it :) I was happily surprised that after all her yelling and screaming in protest to being disciplined that she didn't continue to pout. After she cleaned up the card (still crying a bit), I sat her on my lap and told her she was a good girl and she gave me a kiss and a hug just like nothing had happened! I suppose being feisty has served her well in the orphanage, but may be challenging at times for us! Oh, the joys of parenting :)

P.S.
Olivia's playing with cards again and is making sure I see that she's cleaning up as she sings her version of the clean up song, "clean off, clean off..." Very cute.

No comments: