This blog chronicles the miracles and struggles of our daughters, Emily and Olivia. Emily was born 15 weeks early and had many complications, but she continues to amaze us! Olivia, born in China with heart complications, is also beating the odds. She joined her forever family (us!) when she was four years old and has been doing wonderfully! UPDATE: We started homeschooling August 2009 :)

Friday, April 20, 2007

Baby bunny



It's hard to feel down too long when I've got these cute little girls around. This morning after I got out of the shower I found Olivia waiting for me, pretending to wash her own hair as well as a stuffed bunny's. She then had her bunny go potty just like we'd seen moms in China do with their kids on the street! There, instead of diapers or underwear, the toddlers just wear no split pants (no seam in the crotch for easy access) so when the moment strikes, the moms just pick the kids up from behind and spread their legs (envision a cheerleader straddle/toe touch jump) and let them do their business. Yes, it's a different world there! Anyway, you can see Olivia doing this with the bunny and then some...but the funny part was what happened when she attempted to wash the bunny's hands afterwards. You have to watch it to find out.

Part II
Olivia left the first scene upset, but to my surprise returned with another bunny to continue her grooming.

2 comments:

The Geroux Family said...

Karyn~
You have such a knack for catching Olivia on video!! You must carry your camcorder around your neck all day! I love it! My son Brandon wants to say he loves your dog.
I could watch Oliva all day. Her english is improving. I love how much she imitates and you can tell that she loves the camera now. The look on her face when she is looking to make sure you are recording her is priceless! You are doing an amazing job with her.
Jill

Karyn said...

Thanks, Jill!

Right before we left for China we bought a new digital camera that takes pretty good video as well as still pix, so I've been using it instead of schlepping around a video camera (that is collecting dust). It's just nice because I can just use one camera ane each video clip is its own little file on the memory chip and I don't have to worry about rewinding tapes or anything.

Karyn