This blog chronicles the miracles and struggles of our daughters, Emily and Olivia. Emily was born 15 weeks early and had many complications, but she continues to amaze us! Olivia, born in China with heart complications, is also beating the odds. She joined her forever family (us!) when she was four years old and has been doing wonderfully! UPDATE: We started homeschooling August 2009 :)

Thursday, October 02, 2008

I think summer is over

I think summer is over, but all is well here.  The girls seem to like school, and I've adjusted to my empty nest.  I had visions of accomplishing all sorts of things with so much time to myself.  However, the reality has been that now that I think I have all the time in the world, I've been much LESS efficient with my time.  Sad, but true.  Maybe once the newness wears off, I'll start cracking the whip to get more accomplished, but for right now, I'm kind of enjoying this new found free time!  I've gotten a little (more) lazy, but one good thing has come out of my free time.  I have been exercising every morning for the last several weeks.  Hey, at least I've made one positive change :)

Speaking of change...we recently made the switch from PCs to Macs so I'm having to relearn how I do things.  I'm going to have to learn a new program for digital scrapbooking because my program isn't Mac friendly, and I also have to figure out simple things like loading pix off the camera and uploading pix to update this blog!  If you see any new photos here, you'll know I was successful.  If not, well...then I wasn't!
Our dog, Chelsea, just turned 14 and Emily and her friend wanted to throw her a birthday party!  Chelsea still looks and acts pretty good, but her hearing is not what it once was and she now has a harder time jumping up on the furniture (not all bad).  At her check up last week the vet said she looked pretty good for a dog of her age, but unfortunately her labwork indicated that she may be in the very early stages of kidney failure.  She may still have another year or two, but he said that'll probably be what takes her.  I knew she couldn't really live forever, but I was kind of hoping she would.  I can't help wonder how many more birthday parties she'll have.  Okay, gotta go touch up my smeared makeup now. 
Olivia and her daddy were dancing up a storm at a recent wedding in Wisconsin.  Check out the socks that were once white!
(above)Olivia and her cousin, Rachel, having fun at the wedding...and (below) the girls dancing with their cousin, Katie (both daughters of my sister, Angie).
Emily has been saving money to buy another Webkinz and lucked out with a 50% off sale so she got TWO for the price of one!
In the midst of the Emily's Webkinz excitement, Olivia decided to take this picture.  Another photographer in the family!

No comments: