How this works: If you've been tagged, link the person who sent this to you and leave a comment on their blog so their readers can visit yours. Post the rules on your blog. Share seven little known facts about yourself. Tag seven other Bloggers at the end of your post and include links to their blogs. Let each person know they have been tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.
Seven tidbits of info about me:
- I hate to spend more money than necessary. I much prefer to shop at Aldi and put the money saved on a vacation vs. eating designer groceries. I also love the challenge of researching the best deals on everything from appliances to vacation home rentals.
- When I browse big warehouse stores with ever-changing inventory I have need to stroll in a systematic, aisle by aisle fashion to make sure I see everything.
- Time sensitive video games stress me out--I just tried to earn Emily some Webkinz money playing games and it made me way too anxious. That $1300 of fake money wasn't worth the stress head ache it gave me!
- I don't like spicy foods, but I have been known to drink pickle juice. Wonder if it cures head aches??
- I married my high school sweetheart. We went to different colleges (okay, they were only an hour apart!), but we have been together since we were 16. Oh, and I still like him, too :)
- Andy and I both grew up in Ronald Reagan's hometown, Dixon, IL, and I once taught sixth grade in my hometown alongside my old teachers.
- After we got married and moved to the 'burbs, I took I nanny job that was supposed to be short term between teaching jobs...and stayed on for four years. During that time, the mom was diagnosed with cancer...and died within months...leaving her four year old with way too few happy mother-daughter memories. That experience made a huge impact on me and is one of the driving forces in my desire to record memories for my kids by scrapbooking. I never want my husband or kids to have to wonder if I love(d) them.
Theoretically I should be tagging 14 blogs since I was tagged twice, but coming up with seven who haven't already been tagged is hard enough :)
Check out some of my favorite blogs by:
1. Caroline, mom to Jack and our travel mate in China. Jack is from Olivia's same orphanage in RongXian.
2. Susan, mom to BeiLee, also from RongXian.
3. Kristina, mom to Morgan, who recently came from RongXian.
4. Jill, mom to Sydney, from Olivia's province, Guangxi.
5. Monica, mom to Maimie, also from Guangxi.
6. Heather, mom to Maya, who is also an "older" child (6) who had a heart condition.
7. Maureen, mom to Olivia, who reminds me a bit of my Olivia :)
...now I have to break the news to them that they're "it!"