This blog chronicles the miracles and struggles of our daughters, Emily and Olivia. Emily was born 15 weeks early and had many complications, but she continues to amaze us! Olivia, born in China with heart complications, is also beating the odds. She joined her forever family (us!) when she was four years old and has been doing wonderfully! UPDATE: We started homeschooling August 2009 :)

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

My American dream

Today marks our fifteenth wedding anniversary. If I tack on the seven years of dating (age 16-23), we've actually been a couple for 22 years. As I reflect today, it strikes me that we've been blessed with a life that's pretty much as I once dreamed it would be. Of course we didn't anticipate the obstacles we'd encounter in growing our family, but we always knew we wanted kids. And I always knew I wanted to be at home with them. When I stop to think about it, I really am living my American dream with a great husband, two wonderful kids, a nice home, financial stability, and even a cute dog to complete the package. That's worth celebrating :)


I've attached the last two clips of the girls from our cruise. One shows Emily swimming in Bermuda and the other shows both Emily and Olivia hamming it up in an empty theater aboard the cruise ship. Andy was not feeling well and while he was trying to sleep I found an empty space where the girls could run around without getting lost or into too much trouble. You can see they love to sing and dance!



No comments: