This blog chronicles the miracles and struggles of our daughters, Emily and Olivia. Emily was born 15 weeks early and had many complications, but she continues to amaze us! Olivia, born in China with heart complications, is also beating the odds. She joined her forever family (us!) when she was four years old and has been doing wonderfully! UPDATE: We started homeschooling August 2009 :)

Tuesday, May 22, 2007

Labs and I love yous :)

Olivia was such a trooper for her thyroid ultrasound, hand x-ray and blood tests today. She made friends with the older adults in the waiting rooms, kissing their owies and dressing their wounds with the stickers she'd just earned. Some hospitals have therapy dogs to cheer patients up, but Olivia did a great job without any training! She really knows how to light up a room and make people smile :)

Some people in the waiting room today commented about Olivia being a lucky girl, but really I feel lucky, blessed and honored to be her mom. Both our girls bring us so much joy and have so much empathy for others. Yes, I'm the lucky one. No, the miscarriages and infertility stuff weren't fun, but without them we would not have considered adoption... and we wouldn't have these TWO wonderful child we have today. Sure, we could have been happy with another biological child, but adoption can be a pretty amazing experience in its own right and doesn't at all feel like we've settled for second best as some might presume. God works in strange and mysterious ways and I'm so grateful for the path He's led us on to get each of our amazing kids. Neither one came to us easily, but both have been so worth every difficulty that we've come across. Yes, I'm one blessed mama :)

I'm attaching a video clip from putting the girls to bed tonight. Olivia's almost perfected the "I love you," but now I wish I'd captured the earlier attempts that were so cute like, "I...you...lub!" Both of them are pros now, but still cute to me :)

P.S.
On May 31 we'll go back to endocrinologist for the analysis of all the lab results and I'm praying that her anemia has improved and that her thyroid levels don't indicate a need for a lifetime of meds. It wouldn't be the worst news if she did, but of course it'd be better not to need it...

No comments: