This blog chronicles the miracles and struggles of our daughters, Emily and Olivia. Emily was born 15 weeks early and had many complications, but she continues to amaze us! Olivia, born in China with heart complications, is also beating the odds. She joined her forever family (us!) when she was four years old and has been doing wonderfully! UPDATE: We started homeschooling August 2009 :)

Tuesday, September 21, 2010

Exciting new additions to our family!!

It's been a while since I last posted and there have been a lot of changes! In June we said good bye to our dear old dog, Chelsea, who'd been with us for almost 16 years. In July we adopted a wonderful new dog, Lily, whose time was almost up in a shelter. And, in August, we decided to adopt a six-year old Waiting/Special Needs boy from China!

Yes, that's a lot of change in a short amount of time!! I'm not sure what I'm allowed to post about our new son, but I can direct you to the blog where I found him. Yes, a blog, of all places! You see, an agency in Portland, OR went to China in April to spend three days at a Journey for Hope camp with the hope of finding families for 36 hard to place orphans. I first came across the blog in June and we committed to Joel on August 16 after a big discussion on our date for our 18th wedding anniversary.

I'll probably resurrect this dead blog in order to chronicle our trip to China (we're all going, hopefully in the spring), but I may need to change the name somehow! (edited to say) I thought one could search for Joel's smiling face on the blog http://asiahope.blogspot.com/ but now when I enter "Joel" in the search I don't see him :( UGH, I didn't mean to be such a tease! Trust me, he is a little cutie with pinchable smiling cheeks! I have lots of pictures AND a video, but I don't think I'm allowed to post anything online yet. Still check out the site and take a good look around because many of the kids from the camp are still needing forever families ;) Spread the word if you know anyone looking to add to their family!

1 comment:

Dee said...

Hooray. Good to see how things are going for you. Hope all is well for you.