This blog chronicles the miracles and struggles of our daughters, Emily and Olivia. Emily was born 15 weeks early and had many complications, but she continues to amaze us! Olivia, born in China with heart complications, is also beating the odds. She joined her forever family (us!) when she was four years old and has been doing wonderfully! UPDATE: We started homeschooling August 2009 :)

Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Today marks TWO years!






On March 11, 2007 we arrived home from China with our new four year old daughter who fiercely called herself Tan Tan. Now, two years later, our spirited little six year old fiercely calls herself Olivia! It's been an amazing two years. Here you can see a few old photos from her first month home as well as old videos of her speaking Chinese. For contrast, I've also posted a recent one of her speaking in her new language, English. I'm still amazed at how well we've all adjusted and how perfectly she fits into our family!

4 comments:

Julie said...

Hey! Congrats on the anniversary! At this moment, I can't imagine what it is going to be like in two years... I can barely wrap my mind around tomorrow! LOL!

Olivia has grown up so beautifully! I love seeing the changes in her.

RamblingMother said...

happy anniversary! she is lovely.

Chasing Dreams Photography said...

Happy 2 years!!! Man has it been two years!!!Wow!!! I remember those old video's of her speaking chinese like it was yesterday. I remember the tears in my eyes when I was listening to her because she just captured my heart with her cuteness.
Miss Olivia has come a long way in two years.

Sue said...

Happy Family Day!!!! What a super happy girl you have! She is speaking so well and seems to be so happy to be in kindergarten. Enjoy each day with your Tan Tan!!